2019 Schedule of Events!
Bring the whole family!
Minors welcome when accompanied by an adult. Other beverages available.
Opening Day: May 20, 2019
July 1, 2019! It’s a great family day. Check back for details.
Learn to Camp 2019
Regular Dates Already Booked! If you have a group (minimum 8 people) interested in your own overnight experience give the site a call. (306) 333-2116
July 20-21, 2019 Overnight experience @ Motherwell Homestead National Historic Site
Want to learn to camp but not sure where to start? During this unique experience learn to set up a tent, prep and cook simple yet tasty meal options, start a safe campfire, clean camping mentality and more while getting a bit of homestead style fun kicked in!
Suitable for all ages.
What’s included: all your meals, tent, safety instruction and materials, camping information and homestead fun, fun, fun!
What to bring: $44 plus tax per person, water bottle, your bedding (sleeping bag, pillow, etc.) warm clothing layers including extra socks and toque as the prairies cool down at night) and friends or family members.
Questions? or want to Register? Call the site for more details! 306-333-2116
Visit Motherwell Homestead as part of your day at the Abernethy Fair. Friday July 26, 2019
Binding & Stooking: A Taste of the Homestead: August 11, 2018
Binding and Stooking with a twist: Help us prepare for harvest with all hands on activities and field work with horses!
- It’s Binding & Stooking day!
- Come enjoy a ‘Taste of the Homestead’.
- Follow the trail of food from farm to plate.
Tapping the Firkin with Bushwakker Brewpub
Introducing this year’s Motherwell Exclusive Red Fife Whitbeer!
Great food, Great beer, Great Times!
***New Details!!! Be sure to check back for more!!
Symphony Under the Sky Festival:
Saturday, August 24, 2019
Mark your calendar…. This is the 5th Anniversary of SUTSF! All new performances, new surprises, don’t let this be the year you miss!
Join us at this four part festival as we work hard to make this fifth year the best yet! New theme
- Tickets Available soon!
- Some events and activities for the day include:
- Opening acts: stay tuned!
- Regina Symphony Orchestra on the grand stage
- Try Bushwakker Brewpub’s Red Fife Witbier – A Motherwell Homestead and Bushwakker exclusive
- Threshing demo: Guiness World Record holding team Hart Parr demonstrates
- Kidzone with new activites!
- Check out the visitor centre for ‘Imagine a Country’, new gift shop offerings, healthy lunch alternatives and more!
- Field 2 Fork exhibitors! Registration opens soon. Lets show off the great local talent, and offerings! Local artisans, products, produce, and producers (animals), if this might be you . Contact Krystal at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 306.333.2116 for a registration form and details. Book now!
|10:00 am||open to the public|
|Activities: check back soon!|
|5:00 pm||Activities wrap up|
*For information on Park’s Canada events and daily admission to all Parks Canada places, contact the Motherwell Homestead at 306.333.2116
* Special event, program or other fees may apply.
Closing Date: September 2, 2019
Congratulations team Motherwell Homestead!
Guinness World Record Holders!
It’s official! July 28-31 2016 team Motherwell joined the Manitoba Agricultural Museum’s Manitoba Threshermen’s Reunion & Stampede in Austin, Manitoba. As part of this spectacular week they were proud to be a part of the Harvesting Hope: A world record to help the hungry, in which a Guinness World Record was set for the most threshing machines threshing at the same time.
Machines needed to be built before 1953, and had to thresh for 15 minutes continually to qualify.75 acres of wheat were threshed by 139 tractor/ threshing machine combinations with the grain collected going to World Food Grains charity. The previous record was set last year with 111 machines stepping up to the task.
Thank you especially to Sheldon and our volunteer team who not only spent the time preparing the equipment for the event, hauling the precious cargo to Austin, but also for being the ‘official crew’ and support team needed to make this happen. Without you it wouldn’t have been possible! Wally Neuman, Wilson Family Farms & Dan Clarke, Baillie Boys Towing, Jim Mann, Brian Wilkes and your families of helpers!